Monday, April 11, 2016

Investing Q&A with Suze Orman

What are some good strategies for investing with my Roth other than stocks?

Suze Orman: With a Roth IRA at a discount brokerage firm, you could buy individual bonds and/or any investment that they may offer. But at this point in time, stocks, especially those that pay a nice dividend and it's a good company — it's a great way to go.


In this up and down market, what would a moderate risk level diverse portfolio look like?

Suze Orman: It would absolutely have dividend paying stocks in it to curve the bite of a down turning market. For at least, you're getting income while the market is on this roller coaster ride!


What do you think about trading exchange-traded funds (ETFs)? Isn't it a good way to make some quick bucks?

Suze Orman: No! Trading anything is never a good way to make quick bucks. True wealth is built over acquiring a large position of stock in great companies.


I'm in my forties and would like to retire in about 15 years. I have been contributing to my 401k since I was in my twenties. Should I keep my investments in high risk or lower risk?

Suze Orman: Keep investments in high risk. 




Suze Orman is a award winning certified financial planner and author of several books including 'The Road to Wealth'. She went from being a waitress at age 30, making $400 a month, to now having her own TV show and a net worth of $30 million dollars.